Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Molly Felt Impaled...

Candy here:

I know, I use "Molly felt impaled" too often-- from here on out let's just make it MFI.  I actually still own the influential book it came from: Gypsy Fire, by Sara Orwig.  Here's a bit of context for the infamous line:
She tugged at him.  "Jake, please," she whispered, the words barely audible.  Yet they reached his ears, his heart, and his soul...
"Gypsy," he whispered, wanting suddenly to take her and at the same time wanting to give...and give...
Jake filled her slowly and Molly felt impaled, wanting him in a way she had never wanted a man.

Yeah, that stuff made my twelve year old heart pound ...   All youthful licentiousness aside, I think that phrase has come to symbolize the cheesiest of cheesy sex to me-- honestly, impaled?  Connotations for "impaled" include things like "Vlad, The..." and that horrible scene from Lord of the Flies.  Not exactly something that would pop into my mind in the midst of some hot love.  Blech.

The amazing women over at Smart Bitches, Trashy Books also dig the humor in poorly written romance, and I thought I'd share some of my favorites just to give you a laugh!
  • Best line ever: "Kaliq dismounted with the same speed and grace as he would remove himself from the body of a woman he had just made love to."  Read more >>
  •  Best way to stay pure: have anal sex with two men (or as the brilliant <b>other</b> Candy says, "teh butteseks" -- which effing cracks me up!  I'm going to use that spelling evermore after this just to help unsquick it for me.  Read more >>
Okay, okay, they really have a lot more, and yes-- I love this site!  I'll post up more of my own favorites from my library later on when I'm at home.  Until then, grab your box of tissue because the two posts I just linked to will make you laugh until you cry!

No comments:

Post a Comment