Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I could write some really terrible romance novels...

This happened about three months ago.  Our first IM conversation about the book went something like this:

Babs: I could write some terrible romance novels
really sarcastic ones
 that only five people would enjoy reading
 five was an arbitrary number, it's probably less in reality
Candy: lolol
 I bet you'd be surprised
 There's a market for everything
 that vamp video really proved it
Babs: maybe some really practical but over emotional novels
with an overblown and dramatic romanticism
 that is still sarcastic
 something titled "the throbbing member"
Candy: I'm not sure you've read enough Harlequin to be able to say that yours would be overly emotional, relatively speaking
Babs: or "the oiled chest"
Candy: lol
 hahahaha
Babs: "the torn bodess"
Candy: I bet they'd go like hotcakes
Babs: lol
Candy: (bodice)
Babs: curses
Candy: :)
Babs: :)
 that's why I keep you around
 the monkies bodess
Candy: Actually, I think that would be an awesome premise for a novel-- a parody of a romance novel that actually happened to have a lot of wit
Babs: we just have to find someone witty
 and sell them on writing it
Candy: lol
 Something almost like Enchanted for adults
Babs: oo
 I like it
Candy: with more torn bodices
Babs: and more monkies
Candy: where at the end, there's real love, but in between, there's a lot of confusion with all the oiled bodies tumbling about
Babs: I think more torn bodices as well as the practical concerns of a rapidly diminishing wardrobe
Candy: yes!
 which could have easily happened in Enchanted
 if it weren't for those drapes
Babs: and the helpful animals
Candy: I try not to think about that part
Babs: the rats?
Candy: the bugs
Babs: right right
 I had blocked that
Candy: see!
Babs: lol
 I think we could be onto something here
 think of how quickly we could churn these out
Candy: If only one of us were a writer
Babs: or entertaining
Candy: lol
Babs: you could modernize all those "native meets white woman" romance novels
to something modern and ridiculous
 like him being Canadian
Candy: lol
 actually, Jenna just invited me to a weekly Sunday afternoon writers group-- kind of a "come when you can make it" type thing
Babs: that's neat! are you going to go?
Candy: the problem is, I'd want to put in some really hot scenes, and I don't think I'd want to share them with a group...
Babs: hmm
Candy: I haven't been doing any writing to speak of...
or even not to speak of
Babs: I think they should be hot and slightly ridiculous/funny
Candy: like that video?!
Babs: yes!
 that's the model
Candy: :D
Babs: it's sexy
 and you want to watch it
 alone
 in the dark
Candy: YES!
Babs: but it's also funny
Candy: again and again
Babs: because it's so ridiculous
Candy: yes!!!!
 lololol
Babs: we can do this
Candy: Okay, we just need a plot outline, and some quick character sketches
 I think we actually could do this-- omg, and publish as Bandy!!!!!!
Babs: no problem, they're the archtype of every character that's ever been overused
Candy: yes!
Babs: with a sense of humor and practicality added in
Candara lives
Candy: but it's going to take our special genius to come up with the brilliant quirks
Babs: Candara Barbice Georgeson
  CBG
Candy: YES
 I love it
Babs: FLT
 this is a plan
 :)
Candy: FLT!!!!!
Babs: we need a logo
Candy: That's what I'm going to work on today (plot, not logo)
Babs: I've got a logo idea
  it could be a fun little project
 which will make us millionaires
 and I won't have to move anywhere... :)
 I feel like that's entirely practical
Candy: I like it
Babs: ditto
Candy: I feel like this could go very well
Babs: agreed

Things have gone downhill from there...

1 comment:

  1. Candy here:

    OMG, I was going to link to the video we kept mentioning, but the user that posted that amazingly erotic thing canceled his YouTube account!!! I'm so bummed!!!!
    A Little Explanation: some Lady GaGa fans made an fantastically well done video for "Show Me Your Teeth" that featured two incredibly hot guys in alarmingly erotic situations. One was a vampire hunter, and he has a "vampire" tied up, and apparently wants to steal his fangs, so he keeps imploring the insanely hot vamp to show them to him. I actually feel a little ache knowing I'll never see it again-- it was an erotic work of art! If there was a way to purchase it I would have. Le sigh. :''(

    ReplyDelete